Bernard the Bear is a modern take on a vintage vibe.
Bernard's name means "Brave as a Bear", and he sure has to be brave to face some of the Antarctic winds which are whipped up in Melbourne during winter; so he's been rugged up with a nice long scarf.
This 11-page crochet pattern contains a detailed description of how to create Bernard and his accessories; with a list of necessary materials, step-by-step instructions and photos to help along the way.
Mr. Bernard stands approx. 25cm from ear-tips to tootsies, and he has a slightly sculpted face, an adorably rounded belly and the cutest tail I have ever seen!
With or without accessories; he is adorable, and would make a fabulous gift or just to add to your own collection.
- This listing is for the PDF download only - NOT the actual toy!
- The file will be available for download immediately after purchase.
$8.00 - PDF Download - NOT the actual toy!
- Bernard is made using Papatya Batik 554-02 & Scheepjes Catona 384, however, you can use almost any yarn, you just need to adjust your hook size to accommodate the yarn you choose.
- The pattern is available in English and is written in US terms.
- You will need a 3mm hook to complete him.
- You will also need; some black/coloured embroidery thread, fibre fill, 8mm safety eyes, a yarn needle for sewing in ends and a stitch marker (a full list of requirements are within the pattern)